di-ve.com & Your Privacy
di-ve.com is brought to you by Ilead Solutions Ltd. We have built our business on the strength of the quality of our service and we therefore feel responsible for ensuring that the privacy of our users is appropriately protected at all times.
- to collect only that personal information that we require for the technical and commercial operation of our activities
- to inform you when we collect personal information
- to inform you of the specific purpose for collecting this information no later than the moment of collection
- to use your personal information fairly and lawfully for the specified purposes and only for these purposes
- to give you access to your personal information kept bydi-ve.com
- to keep your personal information secure using both technical and organisational measures
- not to pass on your personal information to anybody unless you have specifically consented that we can so communicate your information
- we will only store your personal information for the length of time required for the purpose for which it is collected
Privacy & Personal Information
Personal information is defined as being any information which can be linked to an identified or identifiable individual. Quite simply, if any information can be linked to you it becomes personal information and we therefore take great care when collecting and processing such information in order to protect the privacy of our users.
Collecting your Personal Information
When you register, and in any visit subsequent to registration, we collect your information in two main ways:
- by asking you directly when you wish to use certain services e.g. e-mail. During the registration process we require you to complete certain fields, request that you complete other fields and ask you to select a username and password so that we have sufficient minimum information necessary to provide our services to you.
- by tracking your visit to our site and your preferences when accessing various parts (e.g. if you access our gardening and sports sections we can reasonably assume that you are interested in such subjects). By learning more about your preferences we can better customise your use of our services as well as provide direct advertising of products and services in which you may be interested. One way of tracking your visits is through the use of "cookies" about which you may find more details below.
Fair and Lawful Purposes for Collecting your Information
We collect your personal information for four main purposes:
- Operational – in order to be able to provide the right service you require which may depend on the hardware & software installed in your home or office
- Selective information channelling - in order to know which news or other information you prefer to read first, thus saving you time
- Direct marketing and advertising – bringing you information about products and services which may be of interest to you
- Enable you to participate in special offers, contests/competition
Using your Information
di-ve.com uses your personal information to:
1. Select the news and information which it knows you are normally interested in so that this will appear first next time you log on;
2. Know your preferences and direct advertising for products and services in which you may be interested. We do this
- by deciding which advertising banners and displays you get to see
- by sending you e-mails about a specific offer
In this way we can support the services we offer you without revealing your personal information to those suppliers who may wish to promote their products and services. This means that we do NOT need to give your personal information to suppliers and sponsors. Instead they tell us what they wish to promote and the categories of people they would like to reach and then only WE (i.e. di-ve.com) know whom we need to target. Thus, di-ve.com acts as a middleman between the advertiser and you the customer. For example, an advertiser tells us that he/she wishes to reach an audience of males over 25 interested in fishing rods and if you have previously displayed interest in articles or advertisements on fishing we will decide to forward such advertising to you and not to your neighbour who is probably much more interested in receiving information about travel books.
3. With your permission we may share the information that you provide to us with selected third parties, primarily our advertisers and sponsors. You may opt-in of such sharing of information at the time of registration or later.
If you opt-in to have such information shared at the time of registration, you will be able to opt-out any time thereafter.
4. From time to time we may run contests on our site in which we ask participants for contact information, e.g., their email addresses. If you participate in contests, your contact information will be used primarily to reach you in connection with the contests. We may also use the collected contact information to send you information about di-ve.com, our services and selected sponsors. You may opt to receive such mailings at the time of registration for the contest. If you do not opt to receive such information, we will not contact you.
5. di-ve also sells third-party products and we may need to forward the information submitted in your order form to these merchants for delivery and order completion. Credit card details are neither stored nor passed on to the merchant but forwarded automatically to the bank involved for order processing using encryption.
Your Right to Access and Control your Personal Information
To make sure that you can control your personal information di-ve.com enables you to:
- view the personal information we hold about you
- request that any personal information that is inaccurate, irrelevant or out-of-date be amended or deleted
- choose to stop using our services and have your personal information deleted, if such deletion is permissible by law and/or will not prejudice di-ve.com’s position at law
di-ve.com has invested in various technical and organisational security measures to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example:
- we have built our systems with your privacy in mind at the design stage.
- di-ve.com employees who have access either to the databases that store user information or to the servers that host our services must comply with strict security rules. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Protecting your Sensitive Data
While all your personal information is protected by di-ve.com using the various precautions and measures described above, some information is even more sensitive than others. di-ve.com considers this type of personal information to be particularly sensitive and therefore, as an additional safeguard, only stores them in encrypted mode. . Under no circumstance will we ever ask you for your password by e-mail or phone. If you ever reeceive an e-mail to this effect please report immediately to email@example.com.
Legal Requirements and How Long we keep Personal Information
di-ve.com may be required by law to:
- Disclose certain personal information for purposes of law enforcement or national security
- Store personal information for various periods of time (e.g. in connection with tax laws)
As a rule di-ve.com will not store your personal data for a period of more than ten years after you stop being a registered user.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Cookies and How does di-ve.com use them?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are developed to standards, tightly restricted, and under no circumstance do we have direct access to your PC , hard drive or any other of your devices.We may send you more than one cookie depending on the services you are interested in. This is done automatically and you will normally not notice that this is happening. You can choose whether to accept the cookies that we send to you by changing the settings of your browser. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site may be inferior and some features will not work as intended.
- Link a User to the account information we store on our computers.
- Estimate the number of people using our different services. Each browser accessing di-ve.com is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage, usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user, and to help target information and advertisements based on user interests and behaviour.
- Measure certain traffic patterns, which areas of di-ve.com’s services you visit and detect your visiting patterns. This information is used to understand how our users' habits are similar or different from one another so that we can ensure that our services, both technical and commercial, are properly set up to give our customers an enjoyable and profitable experience.
In addition to the cookies placed by di-ve.com, advertisers that place ads on di-ve.com or advertisers you may have accessed through di-ve.com may also use their own cookies.
Does di-ve.com sell Personal Information to other Companies?
No it does not. If another company wishes to contact any of our customers it gives us the advertisement and the profile of the target audience. di-ve.com acts as the middleman in the transaction and only di-ve.com knows whether a particular customer fits the profile targeted by the advertiser. What di-ve.com may occasionally sell is aggregate information, i.e. statistical data with no names included e.g. there are 2,000 male clients interested in fishing or 40,000 male clients interested in football or 20,000 female clients aged 20-35 interested in travel in the Caribbean etc.
di-ve.com only passes any of your information to third parties, if you have specifically consented to it.
There is no real substitute for proper parental supervision of children using the Internet. Parents may however use special software which filters known sites which can have harmful material or which can recognise any self-rating systems which may be adopted by certain web-sites. Details of some of this software may be obtained from www.download.com
How do I correct or change my Personal Information or request that it be deleted?
Please send us e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
How else might someone obtain my Personal Information which I may have revealed while visiting di-ve.com?
Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. Please remember that if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from others.